8.24.2012

::and lastly

We have the most time consuming change.

Before in my kitchen I had this target curtain above my sink:

Not terrible, mind you, but very average. And much more attractive before I added the pendant (which now bumped into it.) I also had plans to switch it out, but never found the right thing. Then one day, I found a tutorial online on how to make your own roman shade (it's on my pinterest board under home for those curious). I figured I'd give that a go.

Then came fabric shopping. Of course the only fabric I wanted was $30 a yard. I tried to love something else...but it just wouldn't happen. Months and months went by and I just figured I'd have to suck it up and pay the $30 + shipping. And then a magically day came around. I stopped by the discount fabric store on Summer (randomly at the mention from a friend that she had gotten fabric for a project of her own). Well...wouldn't you know it. Tucked away in the back corner of the store was the bolt. Granted...it was a slightly different color than I had hoped for...but nevertheless, there it was. Only 2 1/4 yards left and on sale for $12 a yard. Oh honey, you better believe I was running Black Friday style to the back of that store to claim my property.

Skip ahead....several hours later (don't these things always take longer than you think they will...should've just expected it) and we end up here:

1 comment: